The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in, shockproof [crap] detector. This is the writer's radar and all great writers have had it.
Ernest Hemingway

Fiction writers, present company included, don't understand very much about what they do - not why it works when it's good, not why it doesn't when it's bad.
Stephen King

If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing.
Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Top Ten...perhaps?


I know that everyone--and I mean everyone--must be tired of hearing it. But...be your own person.That's really what struggle I wish to conquer. Because becoming one's self truly is a great trial, and requires diligent insight, care, and desire to accomplish. I only think recently that I have reached the point where I am nearly comfortable with just being odd. There is no such thing as normalcy in this world; all people are weird in their own right (which of course means that oddity is normality...how's that for a slice of fried gold?)


As a Christian, I am a strong believer that the World is vile and corrupt, full of sin and tribulation. High school really was my first experience of this. I think that (for the most part) I have conquered the World for the time being. But I do know that it is a struggle that will never depart from me. I just pray that I will be given the grace I need to meet it.


Okay, enough of that! Leave on a lighter note:

I want to... Sing like Freddie Mercury,

Do as many pushups as Jean-Claude Van Damme,

Pull off royal blue, knee-length socks like Brian,

Be a superhero,

Operate Twitter,

Climb boulders like Chris Sharma,

Eat what Bear Grylls eats,

Own a Mac like the cool kids (and Miss Pittman),

And wear a red leather jacket the rest of my life...

Top that, Dre (self-claimed extraordinaire)

No comments:

Post a Comment