The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in, shockproof [crap] detector. This is the writer's radar and all great writers have had it.
Ernest Hemingway

Fiction writers, present company included, don't understand very much about what they do - not why it works when it's good, not why it doesn't when it's bad.
Stephen King

If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing.
Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Sun's Love




A little piece of dreadfully serious, melodramatic poetry I concocted. Read, if you are brave enough for the emotion.

The Sun's Love

The sun comes out.
Sooner, sooner, may she come.
Awash in her light, I have no doubt.
She belongs to me, and not to some.
She is my life and love.
I cannot do without.
Her caress is the wings of a dove.
The sun, she sends my fears in rout.

She brings life to the rose.
New life is in her furnace warm.
With her, I no longer have woes.
Remove from me all my thorns.
To the West, flees my sun.
But in the night, I await upon time.
I am the sun's love.
And she is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment