The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in, shockproof [crap] detector. This is the writer's radar and all great writers have had it.
Ernest Hemingway

Fiction writers, present company included, don't understand very much about what they do - not why it works when it's good, not why it doesn't when it's bad.
Stephen King

If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing.
Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"I Bid You All a Very Fond Farewell"


Just replace Bilbo with me up there.

Like my good friend Bilbo Baggins, I face some new chapters full of adventures. Although I'm not sure how I feel about fire-breathing dragons swooping low over my head, I'm quite ready for some new things. So, these are my last words for my comrades.

Well, guys, it's been fun. We've made some brilliant memories, and all of you have been decent enough. Alex, you've created some great films--now I'll be known far and wide as Greg...or maybe Kuge. Dre's perched and been flabbergasted enough for several people. Overall, I can just say that it's been fun. But I'm not going to let this post get sappy.
I've found that the years get better and better.
Freshman year was unfortunate in every way possible.
Sophomore year just shouldn't have happened.
Junior year was fun, but we didn't have to see that.
Senior year is fabulous.
My greatest memories are from these past ten months--or however long a school year is. From Hamlet skits, to watching five seasons of LOST in two months, to watching a thousand episodes of 30 Rock, to growing out the sideburns, to fashioning the greatest Senior Rock in existence, and to all the other great experiences, this year has been...something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment