The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in, shockproof [crap] detector. This is the writer's radar and all great writers have had it.
Ernest Hemingway

Fiction writers, present company included, don't understand very much about what they do - not why it works when it's good, not why it doesn't when it's bad.
Stephen King

If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing.
Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shall I Write a Sonnet?

Shall I write a sonnet?

And to you a summer’s day compare.

For me you have caught in a net

So that I with none do you share.

In your glorious eyes

Is God-given beauty so divine.

That when you pass, the flower sighs

Their brilliance is none like thine.

Oh object of my desire

Forgive me always, oh please

When my foolery has earned your ire.

A gentle kiss and you my heart seize

So let us forget this simple verse

And let us our love rehearse.

No comments:

Post a Comment